Privacy and Cookies
Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy Notice sets out how we, Cannaray Brands Limited, obtain, store and use your personal data when you use or interact with our website cannaray.co.uk, or where we otherwise obtain or collect your personal data (for example as part of our pre-launch activity, sample send out and related e-mail marketing). Please read this Privacy Notice carefully.
References in this Privacy Notice to "Cannaray", "our", "we", or "us" are references to Cannaray Brands Limited. Cannaray Brands Limited is located at 33 Cavendish Square, London, W1G 0PW, United Kingdom (Company Registered Number: 11926997). Cannaray is a Data Controller for any personal data you provide to us and we are responsible for complying with data protection laws.
You can contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about how we collect, store or use your personal data, or about this Privacy Notice in general.
**How do we collect your personal data? **
We collect your personal data directly from you when:
- you use our website;
- you contact us by email, telephone and through other written and verbal communications; and
- you request information about our services or subscribe to a newsletter.
As well as obtaining personal data directly from you, we can also collect your personal data indirectly from publicly available sources such as internet search engines like Google, Companies House and social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
What information do we collect and what do we do with it?
We collect your personal data for a number of different purposes, such as:
- for administrative and business purposes (particularly to contact you [and process orders you place on our website]);
- [to improve our business and website,];
- [for advertising and analytical purposes,];
- [in connection with our legal rights and obligations]; [and]
- [for certain additional purposes only with your explicit consent].
For each purpose we must have a legal justification for such processing. Generally we rely on the following legal justifications when we process your personal data:
- You giving consent to your personal data being processed by us for one or more specific purposes; or
- The data processing is necessary for performing a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; or
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Cannaray or by a third party (except where such interests are overridden by your fundamental rights or freedoms which require protection of your personal data). We rely on legitimate interests to perform our functions, for example to:
When relying on legitimate interests for processing your personal data we will balance the legitimate interest pursued by us and any relevant third party with your interests and rights in relation to the protection of your personal data to ensure its appropriate for us to rely on such legitimate interest and to identify any additional steps we need to take to achieve the right balance.
Information we collect:
Your personal data
When you sign up to hear from Cannaray, we will collect your email address. We use this information to contact you regarding promotional opportunities and news about Cannaray. If you remain subscribed, we will also contact you regarding future Cannaray promotions, educational articles and exclusive access to product launches. We treat all your personal data as strictly confidential. This information is stored within a secure and protected database. You can unsubscribe from emails at any time and if you do, we will no longer contact you.
Your user information
When you browse this website, we also receive information about how you are accessing our website – for example part of your IP address, geographical location, the pages you visit and your browser type. We make sure that this information is not personally identifiable, and use it only to learn about wider consumer behaviour and to improve this website and our services in order to offer a better user experience. We may also use this information to create lookalike audiences so that we can advertise the website via third party platforms so as to reach new potential customers that we think may also like Cannaray products. This is always to a broad group and never a single, specific user.
Information for your marketing emails
Your email address is requested when you sign up. Your email is solely used to send you communication about Cannaray, and how you can redeem a complimentary product sample. Future marketing and promotions may then be sent to you based on your engagement with this page and the associated pre-launch activity. We only ever segment customer data to provide relevant and enhanced marketing messages. You can unsubscribe at any time.
From time to time, we may also advertise on social platforms such as Facebook or Instagram. The adverts we create on these platforms are never directed at specific, identifiable individuals but are shown to groups of people according to their interests, shopping behaviours or on-Facebook activity. These data sets are made up of 1000+ individuals with shared characteristics. You can update your social media privacy settings within those social platforms in order to further limit any marketing you may be seeing.
We will always ask you directly for your explicit consent should you want to opt in to receive marketing emails from Cannaray via a tick box or a sign up form. Should you opt-in and then change your mind, you may withdraw your consent via the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any of our emails or by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line UNSUBSCRIBE. Please note it may take 2 working days to stop receiving marketing emails.
Who do we share personal data with?
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties to the extent necessary to run our business, to fulfil any contracts we enter into with you and where we are required by law to do so or to enforce our legal rights.
Third parties we may disclose your personal data to are:
- Other reputable third party companies for the sole purpose of processing the send-out of a complimentary sample. These may include our warehouse, IT suppliers, payment gateways, our customer management system and our courier or shipping companies.
- When you sign up to our emails, your personal data is also stored via our third party partners such as Kick off Labs and Klaviyo.
These third parties ensure the lawful and correct adherence to any contract we may enter into with you (this includes, but is not limited to operations, order delivery, payment services, shipments, and fraud investigations).
We may disclose your personal data to the police or other regulatory bodies if we are required to do so, for example in case of suspected illegal activity, violation of our Terms of Service or if the law so requires.
We may also share aggregate, non-specific information with selected third parties. However we absolutely do not disclose any information that can be deemed identifiable to you specifically. This includes analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website such as Google Analytics.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to links from our website that direct you to any third-party websites. Please ensure that you review any relevant policies on any third-party websites before proceeding. Cannaray is not responsible for the collection or use of your personal information by third party websites.
We will never sell your personal data to any third parties.
Third party data processors
We work closely with three third-party data processors to help keep your data safe and ensure it is lawfully collected, processed and stored.
Kick Off Labs
Our sign up pre-launch campaign is powered by Kick Off Labs. They provide us with the technology that allows us to capture emails, create the individual sharing links and enable you to distribute these links. Kick off Labs is a data processing partner purely for the purposes of Cannaray’s pre-launch activity. Once the campaign has ended, all data held within Kick off Labs will be removed (by 1 April 2020) and we will continue to work with the below two partners on an on-going basis for data processing, storage and future marketing services.
If you would like further information regarding your data and Kick off Labs, you can view this here: kickofflabs.com/privacy-policy/
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. When claiming your free sample, your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application as needed for delivery payment and delivery information. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. All payment data is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (shopify.com/legal/privacy).
Our marketing emails are sent using the Klaviyo platform. This also acts as our customer database helping us to ensure all your data is stored safely and lawfully. It also ensures that we have a secure system that allows us to date stamp when your personal data was collected, whether you consent to marketing, and allows us to amend or fully remove your data upon request.
If you want to understand how Klaviyo keep your data safe, you can read more here: klaviyo.com/privacy/policy)
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will keep your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements).
If you would like further information regarding the periods for which your personal data will be stored, please contact us using the details set out in this Privacy Notice.
International transfers or personal data
The website may be hosted on servers located in countries outside of your own country. The applicable laws for the protection of personal data in these countries may be different from those applicable in your home country. In particular, if you are located within the European Union, please note that some personal data collected by us is transferred outside the European Union / European Economic Area. We largely process data within the EU however our eCommerce platform is registered in Canada. As part of this Privacy Notice, you consent to personal data being transferred outside of your own country and outside the European Union / European Economic Area.
Under data protection laws, you have a number of rights in relation to the personal data that we hold about you. You can exercise your rights by contacting us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to 33 Cavendish Square, London, W1G 0PW, United Kingdom.
Please note that although we take your rights seriously, there may be some circumstances (supported by law and guidance) where your rights might not apply or where we cannot comply with your request such as when complying with it would mean that we could not comply with our own legal or regulatory requirements. In these instances we will let you know why we cannot comply with your request.
Your rights in relation to your personal data are:
- to access your personal data and to be informed about its use. Please note that proof of identity will always be required before any data can be released.
- to correct your personal data (right to rectification);
- to have your personal data deleted (right to erasure);
- to restrict the use of your personal data (right to restriction of processing);
- to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing or processing in general;
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data;
- to request that we transfer personal data that you have provided to us to a third party (right to data portability); and
- to not be subject to automated decision-making. We do not carry out any automated decision making. If this changes in the future, we will provide you with an updated notice setting out our decision making process.
You can always change your mind regarding any marketing communications by selecting update preferences or unsubscribe in email communication, or by contacting us email@example.com
You have a right to file a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) if you believe that we have breached data protection laws when using your personal data. You can visit the ICO's website at ico.org.uk/ for more information. Please note that lodging a complaint will not affect any other legal rights or remedies that you have.
Cannaray values your privacy and data security. We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures such as storing your personal information on secure servers, encrypting transfers of data to or from our servers, encrypting payments on our site via Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), only granting access to your personal information where necessary.
Please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, transmission of personal data to and from us is at your own risk.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that are downloaded onto your computer or mobile or other handheld device when you access certain websites. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device and help your browser navigate through the website by allowing you to log in automatically or remembering settings you selected during earlier visits (among other functions). Cookies do not harm your computer. If you would like to learn more about cookies in general you can visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Strictly Functional Cookies: these cookies are for technical purposes essential for the operation of this website and/or your use of it, such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to proceed to checkout and pay for products;
- Statistical Cookies: these cookies collect statistical information about how visitors use this website, calculate views, analyse popular products by quantifying clicks. This is so we can improve the way this website works and measure the success of competitions and campaigns;
- Personalisation Cookies: these cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of this website, so we can personalise your shopping experience and allow us to improve your use of the website. These help ensure all that is displayed on our site is more relevant to your interests and so we can remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the country you are in);
- Marketing Cookies: these cookies ensure the marketing content that you receive on sites other than our own is relevant and reflects the interests you have shown when browsing on our site. They are used to deliver ads relevant to you, for example based on an action you take on this site. They help us to limit the number of times that you may see an online advert, and also help us measure the effectiveness of some of our digital marketing campaigns so we can improve how we advertise in the future.
- Third party cookies: these cookies are used by third parties to collect data when you are on our website and sometimes when you are on other websites. We do not receive their data. They can be used for any of the above reasons but are mainly used to help provide behavioural targeted advertising to you online. These also enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to third parties, for example to pay a partner if you have made a purchase on this website by following a link from their website.
Strictly functional cookies
These cookies help make a website usable and are essential in helping you move around our site and use its features. Without these cookies you would not be able navigate our site and gain access to secure areas such as signing into your account.
- _ab | Shopify | Used in connection with access to admin
- _orig_referrer | Shopify | Used in connection with shopping cart
- _secure_session_id | Shopify | Used in connection with navigation through a storefront
- Cart | Shopify | Used in connection with shopping cart
- cart_sig | Shopify | Used in connection with checkout
- cart_ts | Shopify | Used in connection with checkout
- checkout_token | Shopify | Used in connection with checkout
- Secret | Shopify | Used in connection with checkout
- Secure_customer_sig | Shopify | Used in connection with customer login
- Storefront_digest | Shopify | Used in connection with customer login
These cookies help us to understand how users interact with our site and provide statistical analysis of our site. In order to keep our site easy to use, working properly and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our site. For example we see which areas are most popular, identify when errors occur and can test different features to see which works best.
- _landing_page, _orig_referrer | Shopify | Track landing pages
- _s, _shopify_fs, _shopify_s, _shopify_uniq, _shopify_visit, _shopify_y, _y | Shopify | Shopify analytics
- _shopify_sa_p, _shopify_sa_t | Shopify | Shopify analytics relating to marketing and referrals
- tracked_start_checkout | Shopify | Shopify analytics relating to checkout
Additionally other third party pixels and tags are used which in turn may place cookies:
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual. Without these cookies online adverts you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests.
Third party cookies
Some cookies may be set by third parties when you visit this website. Generally, these third party cookies do not collect personal data from which the third party would be able to identify individual customers.
These third parties may be suppliers who partner with us to deliver our website, companies that participate with us in affiliate marketing programmes and other third parties who deliver products that enhance the user experience and consequently assist generating sales. Data from these cookies is collected directly by those third parties and not by us. These cookies are controlled by the third parties, who must ensure they comply with their legal obligations when using cookies and collecting your information, including by making their privacy policies available to you and allowing you to change your mind. Please check the third-party websites for more information about these cookies and how to manage them. If not specified in the preceding sections, third-party applications used and where to find their privacy policies are listed below.
How to manage cookies
You can enable or disable cookies by changing your website browser settings to accept or reject cookies as required. How to do this will depend on the browser you use. We have provided further information below on how to check which browser you use and how to manage cookies. Please bear in mind that if cookies are not enabled on your computer, your activities will be restricted to browsing this website and you will not be able to add products to your shopping bag and buy them.
Checking with browser you use
- If you are using a PC - go to 'Help' and select the 'About' option.
- If you are using a Mac - click on the Apple menu within the browser and select the 'About' option.
- Once you know which browser you are using, follow the instructions below to check if you have cookies enabled on your computer
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6,7,8
- Go to 'Tools' at the top of your browser window. Select 'Internet options'. Click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below to enable cookies
- Go to 'Tools' and select Options
- Click the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies and choose 'allow sites to set cookies'
- Go to 'Tools' and select Options
- Click 'Under the Hood' and select the 'Content settings' button within the 'Privacy' section
- Choose 'Allow local data to be set'
Safari on OSX
- Click 'Safari' and select 'Preferences'
- Click 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
- Click on 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' and select 'Preferences'
- Find ‘Cookies’ under 'Privacy & Security'
- Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
Microsoft Internet Explorer on OSX
- Click 'Explorer' and select 'Preferences'
- Find 'Cookies' under ‘Receiving Files’
- Select 'Never Ask'
- Click 'Menu' and select 'Settings'
- Select 'Preferences' and then 'Advanced'
- Select 'Accept cookies'
Our Cookies Policy explains how we at Cannaray collect data from your computer, mobile or other device when using our website. If you would like to get in touch please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The website is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from, or about, a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so please review it frequently. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you here that it has been updated, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we use and/or disclose it.
This Privacy Notice was last updated on February 27, 2020.